The Tennessee Association of School Nurses is a nonprofit organization that promotes, improves, and maintains quality comprehensive student health services by advancing professional practice of school nursing.
- To promote, interpret, define and implement the standards and qualifications for the practice of school nursing.
- To advance public policy that advocates for the education, health, safety and well-being of children and youth.
- To promote the role of the school nurse as an educator and essential health care provider.
- To provide opportunities for the professional development of school nurses. LINK to NBCSN?
- To encourage and support a lower nurse-pupil ratio to meet the health needs of students and reach national recommendations of 1 nurse for every 750 students, 1 nurse for every 250 special needs students, and 1 nurse for every 125 medically fragile students.